Do you need a card for a special friend? You could call this an all occasions card idea. I think it would depend on what you put on the inside.
It could be a birthday card or a thank you card or even a get well card idea.
And now that I’ve barked so much about it, I guess I’d better show it to you!
Do you see what I mean? What would you use it for?
Do you remember the last time we used this Designer Series Paper? It was the first day of Spring and we used some of the same supplies.
Our Stampin’ Up! CEO shared this old technique to use with this free Designer Series Paper (DSP). (Yes, it’s free with a $50 purchase.) After seeing what she did, I had to put my own pup spin on it.
It’s called Emboss Resist and here is how you do it.
- Rub Embossing Buddy over the DSP
- Stamp a background image with VersaMark onto the DSP
- Pour Clear Embossing Powder over the stamped image.
- Use Heat Tool to emboss the stamped image.
- Sponge or use the Sponger Roller to apply ink.
That’s it! The embossed areas will resist the ink. If you wish, you can take a Kleenex and rub it over the image to remove more of the ink on the embossed areas.
Now all you need is some free Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper! And a few dragonflies wouldn’t hurt either.
Now that Stampin’ Up! is out of the Gold Boxes and Glimmer Paper and is low on the Metallic Ribbon Duos, they’ve offered an additional SEVEN items that you can pick from! (But be sure to use these special numbers.)
We’re here if you have any questions. Just drop us a line or call us at (530) 674-5090.
Would you like to see what we used to make this card? Well, here you go!
Card Making Supplies
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
What a great handmade card idea!