I love the 4th of July! As long as Ann and my favorite huMAN keep me home. The fireworks don’t bother me. In fact, I’ve been known to stand outside in a lightning storm to watch the sky – as long as it’s not raining!
Now that Ann’s straightened up our office, she was thinking that I shouldn’t sleep on the futon. Since it’s important that I get some shut-eye so that I can send her my pup-o-graphic messages….I negotiated a spot right behind her as she types.
She thinks I should stay on this special cloth. We’ll see how long that lasts.
So, here are a few tips that I’ve picked up from how Ann treats me – or would if I needed it. Remember –
MORE PETS GO MISSING ON JULY 4th THAN ANY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR!
- Fireworks are scary! Don’t use them around us! If you don’t have a crate for us, try keeping us in a small bathroom.
- Play some soothing music to mask the booms.
- Close the blinds.
- If we’re used to a crate, cover it with a loose blanket.
- Dogs like dens, so create one for us to help us feel safe.
- Leave us home where we’re comfortable – and inside – with the A/C on if it’s warm!
- Actually, when Ann & my favorite huMAN have people over during the summer, I usually sit in a bed inside BY CHOICE. I’m nice & cool and watch everyone come in & out of the house.
- I get fed pretty well so there’s no human scraps for me. And I don’t recommend them for your furry friend either.
- Sudden diet changes can cause stomach upset & who wants to clean THAT up!
- Some foods are toxic and should be avoided PERIOD. Others could cause a reversal of fortune.
- Grapes (Can cause kidney failure)
- Alcohol (This could cause a coma or respiratory failure)
- Yeast Dough
- just to name a few
- DON’T SPRAY US WITH INSECT REPELLENT unless it’s made for your type of pet. The same goes for sunscreen.
- We shouldn’t be checking out any of that glow jewelry. It might look cute, but it sure wouldn’t look so good on our insides. Could stop things that shouldn’t be stopped.
- So, since more of us go missing than any other day of the year, be sure we’re wearing a collar with ID tags. If you haven’t done it already, microchip us because we WANT to come home!
Have a safe and sane 4th tomorrow. I’m helping Ann get caught up on videos. Oh, the fun of it all!
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
Keep your pet safe of the 4th of July