Have you noticed how all the stuff that came out before I was born is coming around as a new thing?
So much of today’s music is sampled from old music. Whazzup with that?
When the subject of my blog’s 10 year anniversary came up, Ann looked back to the old original site. It’s there, but it’s really not open to the public. I’m almost ashamed to look at it.
BUT there are a few things like old issues of Ann’s newsletter that have some interesting things like the Kahlua Cake recipe she’s making for Easter and an old version of this card.
If you’ve been with Ann a long time, it was from April 2004. She’s been doing the newsletter longer than I’ve been barking this blog.
The original card had a dark bow on the right. This one used the last bit of Silver Satin Ribbon that we had on paw. That’s okay because it’s on sale this week for 25% off! We can get more AND free stamps like the Flowering Fields stamp set we used.
We’re big on color here at Central Bark. Here are the colors we used in the markers, ink and the cardstock.
Card Making Tips
Here are a few tips that can help you recreate this card:
- We cut the Whisper White cardstock 1-1/4″ – the same width of the wood block that holds the stamp. Helps you easily center the image.
- We chose Pear Pizzazz to color in the image leaves because it would be a bit lighter than Mossy Meadow.
- You may not see the tone on tone we stamped on the Mossy Meadow using the Timeless Textures stamp set.
- The Flowering Fields stamp set we featured is free with a $50 purchase in our online store, but only until next week.
- A blender pen helps you smoosh the color around and get more variation.
- Fast Fuse was the perfect adhesive to keep the layers together around that ribbon.
Card Making Supplies
Here is a picture list of the supplies we used OR you can print out the supply list just below the pictures. The Silver Satin Ribbon is on sale for 25% off through Monday. (The price shown below is the full price. You’ll see the right price when you click on it and get the details.)
- shop safely online – (You’ll love our reusable handmade cards we send you!)
- by phone – 530-674-5090
- by email or even in person!
- Earn free stamps with our Stampin’ Bucks!
We remade this from a card in our 2004 newsletter.